This small town in the upper reaches of an alpine valley in Ticino region of Switzerland has been in place for thousands of years. It was a difficult and remote area until hydropower brought electricity in the 1950's. Many had moved away to find work. Nowadays, people are buying the old houses as second homes and renovating them.
The 'main street' of the old village.
It is hard to distinguish the old from the new from the natural.